|Information About Glenelg
The seaside suburb of Glenelg in Adelaide is a popular holiday destination for families, couples and interstate travellers, as well as being convenient for business travellers who want to stay near the beach but just a short trip to the Adelaide city centre. Glenelg is ideally situated along a beautiful stretch of beach that is very popular with tourists and locals alike. Another reasons why holiday makers choose to stay in Glenelg is that it has such a relaxed feel to it and this resonates with people who are after some real rest and relaxation. Another great thing about Glenelg is that the waterfront area includes numerous fine dining restaurants, parkland gardens, cosmopolitan cafes, boutqiue shops and exciting nightlife entertainment for people of all ages. Glenelg also has great recreational facilities for people to enjoy including many walking, jogging and bike riding trails. Alternatively you can simply take a relaxing morning or evening stroll along the beach, around the marina or along the foreshore area. Holiday makers and business travellers will find that there is numerous fully self contained accommodation situated in Glenelg ranging from furnished serviced apartments right through to more affordable motels for the budget conscious traveller. All of these Glenelg apartments and hotels have a range of facilities to ensure ensure that you have a memorable holiday in Adelaide.
Stamford Grand Glenelg
All of the deluxe and executive hotel rooms and suites at the Stamford Grand Glenelg feature fully ducted air-conditioning, modern furnishings, open planned living, panoramic views of the Adelaide city and the Adelaide Hills and in-room facilities to make you feel right at home. Guests staying at the Stamford Grand Glenelg can rejuvenate in the spa, sauna or steam room, use the fully equipped gymnasium, swim in the outdoor swimming pool or even make the most of the on-site nightclub for some late night entertainment and fun.
Address : Moseley Square, Glenelg, SA, 5045
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
With a variety of quality hotel accommodation to suit the budget on any traveller the Atlantic Tower Motor Inn in Adelaide is well known for providing corporate and leisure travellers with luxury accommodation with excellent amenities in a fantastic Glenelg location. The Atlantic Tower Motor Inn is also well located in the heart of cosmopolitan Glenelg just a short distance from the popular beach, as well as numerous fine dining restaurants, boutique shops, exciting tourist attractions and trendy cafes.
Address : 760 Anzac Highway , Glenelg SA 5045
Oaks Plaza Pier
One of the best things about the Oaks Plaza Pier is that it is situated just a short walk from the beautiful Glenelg beach, the many find dining restaurants in the precinct, tourist attractions and all of the things that makes Glenelg such a great place to stay. The Oaks Plaza Pier provides couples, families and groups of friends with a selection of luxury studio, 1 & 2 bedroom self contained serviced apartments & suites that have all of the amenities to be the perfect Adelaide CBD accommodation for all sorts of different travellers.
Address : 16 Holdfast Promenade, Glenelg 5045, South Australia
Glenelg Pacific Apartments
The Glenelg Pacific Apartments are perfectly situated in the quiet surrounds of Adelaide's beach side suburb of Glenelg, just a short distance from the popular beach and all of the major tourist attractions that are in the precinct. This tranquil setting provides the ideal backdrop from which to visit Adelaide for either business, pleasure, relocation or visiting friends for a short or term term stay. Another great thing about staying at the affordable Glenelg Pacific Apartments is that the property is located just a short distance away from public transport to the Adelaide city centre and its many corporate offices, wonderful shopping, happening nightlife and exciting tourist attractions.
Address : 10 Durham Street, Glenelg SA 5045
Oaks Liberty Towers
If you are looking for a family beach holiday in Adelaide or corporate apartments in a relaxing location then the Oaks Liberty Towers Apartments in Glenelg is the ideal place for you. The Oaks Liberty Towers Apartments are within easy reach of the many Adelaide's attractions and provides travellers with spacious apartments only a short 50 metre stroll to the beautiful patrolled Glenelg beach. The Oaks Liberty Towers has a wide range of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments that well-appointed and fully renovated with all new modern furnishings for your added convenience.
Address : 25 Colley Terrace, Glenelg 5045 SA
Map of Glenelg Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Glenelg
- If you are looking to have a relaxing day out in Glenelg you should spend some time on the beautiful white sands of the Glenelg Beach. The beach is a popular place to with families, couples, groups of friends and international travellers. Along the beach foreshore you can can take a walk along the many walking trails, take a bike ride, go roller blading or have a picnic in the Jimmy Melrose Park.
- One of Glenelg's most popular tourist attractions is the Beach House Fun and Water Slide Park. This exciting kids attraction is centrally located on Colley Terrace and provides something for people of all ages. At the Beach House you will find a range of exciting water slides, arcade games, dodgem cars, mini golf and many more fun activities.
- Another popular activity when staying in Glenelg is to take a drive out to the magnificent wine regions surrouding Adelaide. This includes areas like McClaren Vale wineries where you can sample a variety of different wines from cellar door tastings or even the historic Magill Estate which is the birthplace of the famous 'Penfolds Grange' selection of wines.
- A great way to spend an afternoon in Glenelg is to take a relaxing cruise around the waterways. There a any number of cruise and boat operators that will be able to take you for an afternoon or evening boat ride and then all leave from the Glenelg Marina, which is located where Lake Patawalonga meets the Gulf St Vincent.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Glenelg
- One of the most popular places to shop in Glenelg is at the newly developed Bayside Village Shopping Centre. The shopping complex has lots of car parking available and incorporates a wide variety of different shops including a supermarket for all of your daily needs. The Bayside Village Shopping Centre is conveniently positioned on the corner of Brighton Road, Augusta Street and Jetty Road.
- Glenelg is the perfect place to holiday or stay for business if you are interested in golf. Situated close by to Glenelg there are a number of championship courses including the Glenelg Golf Course, Westward Ho Golf Club and the Adelaide Shores Golf Park. During your stay in Glenelg any of these golf courses will provide you with a challenge, whilst still having a relaxing morning or afternoon.
- The main shopping strip in Glenelg is located along Jetty Street and around Moseley Square at the foreshore. This precinct provides a number of shops surrounded by an array of quality restuarants, cosmopolitan outdoor cafes, ice cream shops and takeaway outlets. One of the best things about the Glenelg shopping strip is that it is centrally located within easy walking distance from accommodation and right next to the beach.
- If you like the thrill of horse racing or love to have a punt then the Morphettville Racecourse is a must visit place. This horse racing track is located on the corner of Morphett Road and Anzac Highway and is also on the main tram line between the Adelaide city centre and Glenelg. The Morphettville Racecourse holds regular meetings throughout the course of the year and is a fun day out for people of all ages.